Monday, November 22, 2010

Red Bluff Ranch

After my awesome visit to Lubbock, we woke up on Sunday and drove off to Aunt Liz and Uncle John's ranch. The views up there are amazing, and I loved looking at the scenery. As soon as we got there, I bundled up and took off to see the sites.





We drove all over to check the feeders, look for animals and just enjoy the outdoors. As always, I had a blast being outside picking up rocks and sticks. We had a fun picnic up on the bluff, too. I even went for a long walk down the hill with my parents, Rocco, and my new buddy Beau! I helped Aunt Elizabeth drive the mule down to the river, and Mommy and Daddy chased us on some ATVs. I walked all over looking for the best river rocks. The little river was actually flowing, and I was able to see some tiny fish swimming along. I could have stayed down there all day long. Back at the trailer there was plenty to do, including painting a picture and a making special Thanksgiving placemat with stickers. When the sun went down, I helped Mommy build a fire, and I roasted a hot dog and marshmellows. My first smore was YUMMY!!! After one last look around the ranch with my binoculars, it was time to hit the road. I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Wow! You are so lucky to have Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle John treat you to a fun weekend at the ranch. There is so much to do up there that I know it was hard for you to ever leave. Pretty soon you will be riding all over that ranch by yourself! So glad you had more new adventures to share with us.

Love you tons,
Nannie