Sunday, May 20, 2012

Crazy Month of May!

The end of the school year is always crazy, and this year is no exception.  For starters, my new swing set came in, and now my backyard is officially awesome!  I love climbing the rock wall, flying around in my "rocket ship", going down the slide, swinging, and most of all flipping around on the trapeze bar!  I love it!




During a recent storm, my trampoline took quite the journey.  It flew over the fence, across the street and into the neighbors tree.  We got it back home, but it was too damaged to repair so we took it apart and said farewell.  Luckily my Nana bought me a new one and my dad put it together for me.  I'm one spoiled guy!


In early May, Daddy's whole family came into town for Kaly's first communion.  She looked so beautiful and  we were all so happy for her.  That night, we hosted a birthday party for Dylan!  We ate, played and had baseball cake.  I can't get enough of playing with my cousins!
Over the past week, we had our last soccer game and had our end of season soccer party.   Before the part started, I ran to my closet and changed so that I looked just like my Daddy.  He is the best coach ever!  At the party we ate hot dogs and cake, played outside and got our trophies.  I loved having my friends over to play.  



 At our last make-up game, we lost a hard fought battle against a team of five year olds. We stayed tough and had fun anyway.  I ended up with 32 goals over five games, so I was satisfied with my season overall. Now I get a few months of rest before we start back up in the fall!




For Mother's Day, I surprised Mommy with breakfast in bed and a wonderful card.  Then she surprised me and Daddy with a trip to the zoo!  It was a beautiful day, and we had so much fun.  I directed us all around the zoo using the map.  It was awesome how it used pictures of the animals to show me where to go!  My favorite part was getting nose to nose with a giraffe.  We got to see baby chimpanzees up close, and it seemed like all the animals were out and ready to be seen.  We all had a wonderful day!









For Mommy's birthday, I wrapped up my rock collection and gave it to her.  She especially loved the heart shaped one.  I had been saving those rocks in my bottom drawer for months!  It was a pretty normal day of school and swimming lessons, but we did manage to have a cupcake after dinner.  I sure do love my Mommy!

This weekend Uncle Daniel came to visit, and Nannie came along as a surprise.  We had a fun weekend of playing around the house and making a trip to Top Golf.  I showed Uncle Daniel how it was done by scoring a few points and fist-pumping to celebrate!



In other big news, I finally got to harvest some tomatoes from my garden.  They look delicious!  I can't wait for some of the other crops to come in.


Also, my allergies got a little out of control, so I had to do some breathing treatments like Mommy.  I thought my dinosaur mask was pretty cool.  Luckily I got  better pretty quick.

Only eight more days of school stand between me and plenty of new adventures.  Look out summer, here I come!



No comments: