Memorial Day Weekend, we decided to take a much needed trip out to the ranch. We had a fun drive there on Friday, and immediately set off to explore. I took my new Spider-man bucket and went hunting for rocks.
My favorite spot on the whole ranch is the picnic table on the bluff. Every time I asked to go on an adventure, I made sure we took a trip over there!Aunt Elizabeth had crafts waiting for me when we arrived. She set up some paint for me to decorate the rocks I found on our first adventure. I painted three and brought them home for my room. The rest of my very large rock collection is waiting for me to come back another time!
I was always on the lookout for wildlife with my binoculars. I got to see some cows, turkey, quail, a rabbit, and some other birds.
The only bad part of the weekend was the WIND. It was blowing really hard the entire time we were there. That didn't stop us from having hot dogs and s'mores...even without a campfire!
Uncle Johnny and I made sure to take in a few Rangers baseball games over the weekend too.
On day two we went down to the river and looked for some more rocks and fossils. I can't get enough.
We also went into town to get some ice cream and go visit the buffalo at Caprock Canyon State Park. We got to see the whole herd! I only got up close to the stuffed one in the gift shop though.
Later, Uncle Johnny and I helped ourselves to some watermelon. It was the perfect snack on a very warm summer afternoon!
What a wonderful Memorial Day with the family....and my power ranger!
Since then, I have been a busy bee. I finished up school for the year and have been home with Mommy all week. We go shopping, play upstairs and outside, and I even help her out with the chores. Need anything fixed?
At the end of this week Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle John came to town. Today they took me by myself to run around table. Uncle Johnny and I both got brand new left handed baseball gloves! They also took me to lunch, bought me a book about the ocean and took me on a carousel ride. What an awesome day!
To make it even better, Nana and Wilson arrived this afternoon and the girls came over to play. For me, it doesn't get any better than some crazy play time with my cousins!
Next summer adventure....the beach. Look out Florida, here I come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment