August 23 finally arrived...MEET THE TEACHER NIGHT! I got a postcard in the mail earlier in the week from my teacher, Mrs. Woodard. She seemed very nice, and I couldn't wait to meet her. We got to Cockrell and found my room. I was so glad she had a whale sign by her door because she it made her very easy to find.
I found my seat and looked around while mom filled out some paperwork. I was so excited to see all the books, and I really loved the microscope in the back of the room!
Mrs. Woodard gave us a bag of stuff including a bag of magic confetti. I spread it under my pillow the night before school started to give me sweet dreams. Mom made me wait a while to go to bed, but I tried to go to sleep at 6:30 right after dinner. I was so excited for the next day!
I also looked through my new BOB books and was able to read an entire book to mom! She and dad were so proud, and it made me feel like I was ready for Kindergarten.
I got up and dressed myself extra early. Mom made me pancakes, eggs and bacon to start my day off right.
I was soooo excited to wear my Ninja Turtle backpack and carry the matching lunchkit Nannie bought me. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't ride the bus, but Mom and Dad really wanted to take me.
We walked up to the school, and I found my room right away. I am so excited to be a Woodard Whale!
Brenley sure missed me while I was at school all week, but she kept mom busy crawling around the house.
By Friday, I was still smiling! Mom, Brenley and Nana came up to have lunch with me.
I LOVE KINDERGARTEN!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment