Tuesday, December 24, 2013

North Pole Express and Christmas Eve

The Sunday before Christmas Eve, my parents surprised us with tickets to ride the North Pole Express in Grapevine.  That afternoon, Brenley surprised us by spiking a 102 fever.  I asked mom if she would still take me, and dad stayed home to care for Brenley.  It was soooo cold, but I warmed up by the heater in one of the tents.
I worked VERY hard on my letter to Santa asking him for a Ninja Turtle Sewer Set and phone.
When I was finished, we walked it down to Santa's special mailbox.

We saw the general store where we would meet Santa later in the night.
After waiting in a very long line, we got our boarding passes for the train.  The workers told us we would know when we got to the right car because the air would be warm and the seats would be cushioned!
The train was decorated so beautifully with Christmas ribbons, wreaths and other decorations.
I was so excited when the train finally got moving!
Elves danced in the aisles, read us a story, sang Christmas carols and passed out jingle bells.

I loved ringing mine because I believe in Santa!!!
We took a picture of the seat where Dad and Brenley would have been, and I kept it warm for them for a while.



When we got off the train, it was "snowing".  I knew it wasn't real snow, but it was fun anyway!
After watching a Christmas show, I got a special mug of Frosty Chocolate Snow milk, and I enjoyed it while I waited in line to meet Santa.
The train ride got me in the Christmas spirit, and I couldn't wait for Christmas!
Luckily, I was able to make Brenley laugh and feel better the next day.  She was right back to trying to open presents, and she had even already figured out a few!





I decided we should spend the break doing a puzzle, but we quickly decided that would be too hard.

We were so excited when Christmas Eve morning finally arrived because we were celebrating our Christmas that day.  That morning we had family cuddle time in the big bed.  Mom said the three of us were a mess!

Once we got up and had some breakfast, it was time to open presents from Mom and Dad! We were so excited, we could hardly stand it.

We ripped into our presents, and Brenley and I helped each other.
She really loved pulling paper out of the bags, and she wanted to play with everything as soon as she saw it.





Mom LOVED the snowman plate I made at school for her and dad.  I used my handprint and my teacher helped with the rest.
We had a blast taking our time opening gifts and just enjoying our time together.




Dad was in charge of building Brenley's princess Cozy Coupe, but she couldn't wait!

While he finished up, we found the most awesome present of them all....an empty box!  We had hours of fun while our presents sat lonely under the tree!
When the car was finally ready, Miss B was soooooo excited.  We pushed her up and down the hallway all day.
I can't wait to get out and try my new golf clubs either!

After a minor fit, I finally dressed myself for church.  It wasn't what mom set out for me, but she said it would do.  Don't we look nice?  We were able to squeeze in a row with some our friends and listened to Kaly sing at mass. My favorite part of church was singing Happy Birthday to Jesus!

When we got home, it was time to prepare for Santa.  I went outside and braved the cold to throw out the reindeer food Ms. Woodard gave me.
Then, I warmed up by building some of the Lego sets that Brenley gave me.
Mom and I baked some cookies for Santa, and then it was time to get ready for bed.
A "snowball" fight happened to break out around the house, and my parents eventually ganged up on me!

Then it was time for bed!  I set the cookies and milk out for Santa.....
gave Buddy a hug and kiss goodbye.....
and went off to sleep and dream about what Santa would bring.  I am one lucky boy!

No comments: