Sunday, March 20, 2011

I LOVE YOU, PAW PAW!

The past few weeks have been a strange combination of sadness, happiness and fun. Last Tuesday we had to make an unexpected trip home with Nana because my PawPaw got called up to heaven. We are all devastated because he was the best PawPaw in the whole wide world, and we love him very very much. He played with me anytime I wanted and would spend hours on the floor playing trains or outside hitting the baseball. He was always patient, always kind and did everything he could to make us happy. It makes me sad, but it helps to know that now he will be with me all the time. PawPaw, you were my hero and I love you!!!

In the midst of all the craziness, I got to spend lots of quality time with my ALL seven of my cousins. Nana even went with us to the Heritage Festival where I got to ride lots of rides! The four wheeler and helicopters were my favorite. Uncle Clint and Uncle Troy let me throw a few baseballs, and I won a sword. Then Daddy let me fish and I won a duck. Then nice fire woman even let me drive a REAL fire engine! Seeing us laugh and smile made Nana so happy! I had so much fun that I got to back the next day with Nannie and Uncle Daniel to ride some more. We rode all the rides again, and the Dizzy Dragons. They spun around and around, and I loved it. The "hairy vegetable" was great! During our visit, we got to celebrate PaPa Collins' birthday. I got to see him quite a bit, and I hunted for bugs in his backyard with Nannie.
Since we have been home, the weather has been beautiful. We worked and played outside all weekend long! I helped with the yard work and showed Mommy where to plant all the new flowers. Also during our clean-up, we found a burrow of 3 baby bunnies under my playhouse! We covered them back up so hopefully they can hop away on their own soon. I am so happy that spring is here, so let the outdoor adventures begin!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I know that your Paw Paw is watching over you every day and is so proud of you. We will miss him so much but I know that your mom and dad will tell you wonderful stories and show you all the pictures so you will always remember how much he loved you.

I love you too!
Nannie