Tuesday, March 29, 2011

CHOO CHOO!!!

This past weekend, Nannie and PaPa Vaughn came up for a visit, and on Saturday we had Carter Day! We went out to Grapevine where I took my first shuttle bus ride to A Day Out with Thomas. Riding that bus was pretty cool, but when I saw Thomas the Train out my window I shouted "Mommy, we have to stop this bus. How do we get out of here?" Everybody else laughed, but I was serious! When we finally got out, I got to do all sorts of fun things. I went in a petting zoo, jumped in two bounce houses, got a Percy tattoo, played in the sandbox, and best of all.....I got to ride in a train pulled by Thomas!!! A real conductor punched my ticket and got us aboard the train. I got to sit by the window and wave to all the people as we passed by!During the ride, we got to sing and dance, and I even became a certified Jr. Engineer. What a fun trip! After all the excitement of the morning, we stopped by Rainforest Cafe for lunch. I loved seeing all the pretend monkeys, giraffes and elephants and the real fish tanks. I made sure to point everything out to Mommy, and I kept a close eye on a cheetah that was near our table.We topped off a great day and a great meal with a chocolate lava cake! It was delicious, and I ate it all!! (OK, maybe I had a little help.) Today was a very exciting day as well. This morning Daddy took me to my very first dentist appointment! The hygienist showed me everything she was going to do on this very nice dinosaur who quickly became my special friend. I got an A+ report and was extremely well behaved. I even got a new toothbrush! In other news, two weeks ago when we planted our spring flowers, Mommy bought me a strawberry plant. I've been watering it every night and checking the plant for berries. I have been very patient, and it finally paid off. Tonight one was ready for me to pick, and it was DELICIOUS!! Now I just have to wait for some more to ripen, and hopefully I'll get some blackberries too. I am always looking for an adventure...even if it is in my own backyard!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a wonderful Carter day we had. Thank you for letting Papa Vaughn and me tag along. We had so much fun. I laughed so much this weekend ~ your antics are keep me rolling in laughter. Glad you finally got to eat that strawberry. Your mom used to do the same thing when she was young.

Love you,
Nannie