Now just a few more days until he brings me a whole basket of goodies. I'll keep passing the time until then singing Petter Cottontail all around the house. Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on its way!!!
Monday, April 18, 2011
Master of the House
As the master of the house, it is my duty to make sure the yard and house stay in order. I have my awesome rocker on the patio so that I can take a break from all my hard work to enjoy our beautiful yard.
In the past week, my gardening has really hit into high gear. I have four HUGE blackberries starting to ripen, and I check on them every night to make sure they get plenty of water. 
This weekend Mommy bought me some mini-tomato seeds and a tiny pot. I added the seeds and some water and watched the soil expand out. When they get big enough, I'll get to move them to a bigger pot and hopefully have some tomatoes to eat!
We have had some terrible wind storms lately, and I noticed the fence was leaning a bit. Until Daddy and I can replace the post, we decided to do a temporary fix with some rope and a stake. It's always fun to use my hammer!
When the work is done, it is time to play. My new nightly routine involves, a little pitching, some base running, and lots of hitting. I like for Daddy to pitch it to me, and then I smash it over the fence. I am a self-proclaimed home run king!
In other exciting news, I have recently adopted an imaginary grizzly bear. He started out by chasing us home from school a few times, but eventually he moved in and goes with us everywhere. If he gets too hungry, Daddy has to make him breakfast and a glass of water, but most of the time he's pretty low maintenance. Sometimes I even watch him jump over my toys. Grrrrrr!
Also, after days of asking, my parents finally bought me my own pair of scissors. They have to be with me when I use them, but I love "snipping" the paper. I remind them all the time that we are not allowed to cut the table, wall, or hair....only paper.
This past weekend, Daddy and I went to Kroger to pick up a few things, and while we were there, the Easter Bunny arrived on a fire truck. AWESOME! Then there was an easter egg hunt, and I found three eggs with candy inside. The Easter Bunny gave me more candy, a balloon and stickers on my way out. Best shopping trip ever.
Now just a few more days until he brings me a whole basket of goodies. I'll keep passing the time until then singing Petter Cottontail all around the house. Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on its way!!!
Now just a few more days until he brings me a whole basket of goodies. I'll keep passing the time until then singing Petter Cottontail all around the house. Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on its way!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You certainly are the master of your domain! I am planning a visit soon and, hopefully, your tomato plants will be ready to transplant by then. Perhaps we can make a real garden area that is just for you! That would be so much fun.
Until then, keep practicing your batting, keep playing with your bear and being the wonderful kid you are. Can't wait to see you for Easter!
Love you forever,
Nannie
Post a Comment