Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Break 2012- Part I

Spring Break is finally here!  I started a bit early by staying home with Daddy on Thursday.  I was up extra early, fully dressed in my summer clothes.  We went fishing, but the fish weren't biting, and we played around the house the rest of the day.  I just love staying home!
 After one more day of school, the break officially began.  I woke up first thing Saturday and started packing my suitcase.  Daddy booked us a room at the Gaylord Texan resort in Grapevine, and he added the special Dreamworks package.  He told me I would get to meet the characters from my favorite movie, Madagascar.  My dad is the best!!!

 Once we checked in, we wandered around the resort for awhile.  Each section is like a different part of Texas.  I liked the fish along the "Riverwalk" where we stayed.
I enjoyed looking at all the plants, and I especially liked all the model trains. This hotel is pretty great.

 Finally it was time for the Meet and Greet. I was a bit starstruck at first, but the nice workers brought me right up to the characters to feel them and shake their hands.  I even got some hugs, and it was awesome!  I couldn't get enough of the Penguins, King Julian, Gloria and Alex.



 At home I had drawn a special picture for the penguins.  I forgot to bring it, so I ran out to the lobby and quickly sketched a new one.  The hotel staff let me go back in to bring my special delivery.
 That evening, it was time for the dance party, and all the characters were there.  I ran right up to all of them and danced the night away.  I made sure they noticed my new light up shoes as I jumped up and down non-stop for hours.  Occasionally I needed to take a break to rest and have a sip of water.  Being a dancing machine is hard work!




 When I wasn't dancing, I was playing video games and other games like pass the coconut and pineapple bowling.

 After a pretty intense round of the Conga, I had a few final dances with my new friends before we went off to dinner at the sports bar.  What an amazing evening!


 After dinner, we were treated to a showing of Puss in Boots, along with popcorn and juice.  Somehow I still had enough energy left (probably from the ice cream) to run a few laps in the hotel room before I crashed.
 Shrek called our room this morning to wake us up, and I thought he was hysterical.  We stopped off for breakfast, picked up Rocco and then went back home.  I immediately planted the magic bean that Puss in Boots left for me at the end of the scavenger hunt at the hotel.  I can't wait to see what it grows into.

It has been an exciting two days, and I am looking forward to seven more!!!

No comments: