Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Break 2012

After a fun-filled weekend at the Gaylord, I was able to stay home the entire week of Spring Break!  Mommy and I hung around the house on Monday and most of Tuesday, and then Daddy and I spent some quality time together Tuesday afternoon.  We get into all kinds of mischief.  A few days earlier, he got me a sundae from McDonald's, but I dropped it in the parking lot.  Because he's the best dad every, he drove through and got me another one!  I also talked him into letting me scratch his lottery ticket, but it was not a winner.  Then we made some homemade pizza for Mommy...delicious!


 On Wednesday, we went down to Nederland.  Nana got me a pass to ride as many rides as I wanted all week, so of course we went tot the Heritage Festival right away.  I rode everything I could several times over!  It was so cool riding with all my cousins, especially Peyton.

 Nannie came with me one night and even rode some rides.  We had a blast on the tilt-a-whirl and the dragons.  I loved the big boy rides the most!

 We ran into so many people out at the festival, and Aunt Brenda even came out just to take pictures of me. Everyone turns into a kid again out there, and I was so proud of Daddy for making it through the fun house behind me.  That big slide was awesome!

 What would a festival be without games and food?  I picked three lucky ducks and won this awesome shark.  My new soccer team is called the Sharks, and it is the perfect mascot!  Each day we went out for rides, I had to have a delicious corn dog.  They were great!

 One night Nannie and I baked some cookies.  We let them cool, and the next day we decorated them with icing and sprinkles.  They were green for St. Patrick's Day.
Nannie asked if I would ride bikes with her.  I said yes, but I want to ride with BOTH my grandmas.  So, Nannie loaded up her bike and brought it over to Nana's.  I thought the whole thing was pretty awesome, and I'm starting to ride my bike pretty well now.  I took one small tumble and scraped up my arm, but I got back on and kept riding.

 I stopped by to see MaMa and PaPa Collins several times, and we had some fun visits.  I gave PaPa a bubble gun for his birthday, and he let me shoot it inside the house!!!  It was awesome.  Aunt Pat was over there one day, and we went out to look for the new goldfish she put in the pond.  We couldn't find him in there, but we sure tried.

I love seeing all my friends and family, but no one can top the fun I have with my cousins.  We finished the week off with a trip to Ryan's baseball game.  I cheered and hollered while he batted and pitched.

 Of course, we did plenty of swimming during the week as well.  I am so happy I can swim without floaties now!



One more holiday down, and Easter is right around the corner.  Next weekend soccer starts back up, and summer will be here before we know it!

No comments: