We left on Friday, June 8 and drove to Jackson, MS. Before this trip, I had never left the state of Texas, so it was exciting to pass through Lousiana and Mississippi that day!
By the time we got to the hotel, I was exhausted. We needed a good night's rest so we could finish the trip to Florida the next day.
On Saturday, the rain was horrible! It flooded the entire time, so we didn't stop and take pictures in Alabama or at the Florida state line. I did have fun going through my very first tunnel in Mobile though.
Just outside of Mobile, we stopped to have lunch at Chick-fil-A. To my surprise, my Nannie, PaPa Vaughn and Uncle Daniel walked in! I knew they would be at the beach, but I wasn't expecting to see them before. It was great! We arrived in Rosemary Beach, Florida after driving for hours in the flood. It was a great house, and because of the rain we stayed in that first night. The next morning, at 5:45am, I entered my parents room and declared "It is not raining anymore, so let's go to the beach!!!!" 
Luckily for me, they laughed and got up. By 6 am, I had the entire beach to myself and discovered that I am a beach bum at heart! I loved the sand, the water, and just being outside.
I loved going to down to the beach. We went early in the morning, late in the evening, and sometimes we just stayed all day long. One day we even played in the pouring down rain. It was great!
I was so glad my Nannie was there to let me bury her feet and hunt for sea shells with me.
Mom and Dad took me out into the ocean a few times. The waves were really rough, so I didn't go too far, but I had a great time kicking the waves and jumping over them.
On the beach, I enjoyed digging, writing my name (all by myself) ,building sandcastles and hunting for creatures. Dad helped me catch a fish, a crab, a shrimp, a clam and even a jellyfish!
I also rode the waves on my Spider-man boogie board! It was fun, but I like to pretend to surf better.
The beach wasn't the only cool thing about Rosemary Beach. It was a really neat little town that had lots of shops and restaurants all connected by a boardwalk. We didn't have to drive anywhere! Sometimes I walked, but sometimes I rode my scooter.
My favorite place in town was the Sugar Shak! We went there multiple times for candy and ice cream! It really was the sweetest place on Earth.
In the park, we went to story time and saw a production of the Emperor's New Clothes. I was thoroughly entertained!
I also had fun on the playground and in the town square. There was always something to do.
I also spent some quality time in the pool. Right by our house, there was a shaded pool that we swam in almost every day. I had fun swimming with dad, floating with mom, and playing around with Uncle Daniel. I even enjoyed some peaceful reading time on my lounge chair!
One morning we got dressed nicely and went down to the beach to take some family pictures. We are still waiting to see them, but we had a fun time. We stopped for breakfast on the way back to the house, and it was delicious!
I had a ton of fun inside the house too. I loved working my puzzles over, and over, and over, and over! We also watched movies, played video games, read books and just relaxed.
One day we drove to Pier Park in Panama City Beach to look for some cool souvenirs. I thought the gigantic chair was awesome!
After talking Nannie into buying me some pirate souvenirs, we stumbled upon a fair. Nannie and I rode all kinds of rides. It was so much fun!
One one of the last nights, we went to Edward's for a fancy dinner all together. I had some awesome macaroni and cheese and my first Shirley Temple drink. It was a great way to end a wonderful vacation. I can't wait to go back again!
We made an overnight pit stop in Nederland to say hi to everyone and to get Rocco, and then we hit the road to head back home on Father's Day. We got home early enough for dad and I work on his present....a birdhouse! I loved getting to build and paint it with him. He is the best dad ever!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment