We had our first pit stop at a random Dairy Queen for lunch and of course... ice cream! After being cooped up in the car for a while, I was doing some crazy moves to stretch my legs.
Our first stop was in Lawton, OK. We drove to the top of Mount Scott and got out to look around.
I swore I saw some dinosaur tracks, so Nana took us down the mountain to get a closer look. I really wanted to go hunt those dinosaurs down, but the ladies wouldn't let me! Being on top of a mountain was pretty awesome.
At the bottom of the mountain there was a replica of Jerusalem. It was very hot, but we had a good time looking around the town.
After all that sight-seeing, it was time for another ice cream stop! YUMMY!
We finally arrived at the Embassy Suites in Norman, OK and got a good night's sleep. The next day we went to the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History on the Oklahoma University campus.
I finally got to see some real dinosaurs!!! I absolutely loved them and wanted to see more!
In the kids hands on section, I dug for fossils, colored dinosaur pictures, looked at specimens and played with a skeleton.
We found a canoe to play in at the Indian exhibit.
Our trip to the museum ended with a trip to the gift shop. Nana got me this awesome dinosaur. "La la looooo!"
We decided to drive north to Oklahoma City to see Bricktown. The best part was finding the candy shop where I got a gigantic jawbreaker on a stick.
That night Aunt Liz and Uncle John met us at the hotel, and we went to dinner at the Cracker Barrel. Campbell and I pretended to play a crazy game of checkers outside.
The next day we literally went exploring. We drove to a nearby lake, pulled over and trudged through the brush to get to an open spot closer to the water. We were on the hunt for rose rocks! We wandered and dug in the heat until we found them.
I really liked the huge rocks that I found. They were heavy. Nana was so happy to find her rocks.
We even drove out to a small rose rock museum. They had some awesome rocks.
The next day we went home, but we stopped at Turner Falls near Davis, OK.
It was a wild and crazy adventure, but a fun way to wrap up my summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment