Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Very Rough Trip

It has been a long, difficult day today. We got up and headed to the airport to head down for my great Uncle Jerry's funeral. It was my very first airpline ride!!! I played and laughed the whole flight, and mommy and daddy were so happy. Once Nannie picked us up, mommy noticed tons of fluid gushing from my left ear. She called the doctor, and they said to head straight to emergency room. Nannie immediately changed routes, and off we went for my first ER visit. Turns out I had an ear infection that we didn't know about, and the pressure from the plane burst my eardrum!!! I'm on some medicine, and it should heal itself. In the meantime, I'm getting lots of hugs and kisses. Here's a picture from my hospital visit (taken with Nannie's phone)! Hope everyone has had a better Saturday than me :) On a side note, Happy Birthday GG & Poppy (tomorrow).

3 comments:

Sarah Ruth said...

Oh no!! I'm surprised Carter wasn't fussy on the plane with a busted eardrum!! Yikes! Hope it heals up soon!

Anonymous said...

so sorry for your rough trip =(
hugs and kisses,
jenny

Kathy said...

Carter ~ you are such a world traveler. I told your mommy that "The Adventures of Carter B" is definitely the right title for your blog!

I love you,
Hugs & kisses,
Nannie