Friday, April 3, 2009

FREEDOM!

This week has been full of ups and downs. On the fun side, I got to eat my first meat..chicken and rice, and it was great! On the down side, Mommy and Daddy took me to get my ears rechecked, and they were worse than ever! I've tried every antiobiotic I can take, and none of them have worked. Dr. G made me get shots: 2 on Thursday and 2 more on Friday. If I'm not better by Monday, I'll have to go meet a new doctor that specializes in ears. Despite all that, I've been pretty happy this week. I love playing "near/far" with my toys, and I like to watch them dance!
I have also experienced freedom from my parents this week! I'm starting to hit some major milestones in my independence :) Early in the week I started getting up on all fours and rocking. Now I like to "scoot" or inch across the floor. I mostly do the bear crawl by straightening my legs and scooting my hands. I still roll, but not as much I as I used to.
On Thursday night, I figured out how to sit myself up. It is so awesome not having to rely on mommy and daddy to help me!
Today was a pretty big day because the instant Daddy looked away at his computer, I scooted over to the ottoman and pulled myself up! I stood there until he saw me a few seconds later. Before he could make it across the room, I took a small tumble. I'm ok though, and I still love standing up!
Tonight I managed to get ahold of a leaf of mommy's plant. She said "NO", but I kept trying to go back for more. Once I got tired of that, I went for the curtains! Can you believe she said "NO" again? Who wants to play with toys when there are all these other cool things to play with?
I did get to got to a grown up party tonight, but it started pretty close to my bedtime. We didn't stay long, but I was passed out when we got back from a long day of playing!! I'm sure I'll have an eventful weekend, and I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You are such a busy boy! I know you are keeping mommy and daddy on their toes. I'm glad you are sitting up by yourself now and I know you will be walking and running way too soon. I love you.

Hugs & kisses,
Nannie