Boy, do I have a story for you. I finally got my first round of stitches, and an awesome scar story to go with it. We'll get to that in just a minute, but I'll start with my Valentine's Day. It was a pretty fun holiday, and I got to spend it at home with mom and dad. I got to share some candy, open cards, color and play with my new Elmo stickers. I hope everyone else had an awesome Valentine's Day. I love you!
With all the snow and school being cancelled, my school Valentine's party got pushed back to this past Monday. I was really looking forward to it, so my parents let me go in to school eventhough they were off of work. I went in late and was only there for 45 minutes before Mommy got the call. I stood up on a chair, tipped it over and sliced the top of my ear apart. We raced to an ER, and they sent us to Children's Hospital. The ER doctor and ear doctor thought it would be best to call in the head plastic surgeon, and he was on the case. I had to wait from 10:30 to 6:00 for my surgery, and I couldn't eat or drink anything at all.
I was pretty tough and didn't need any pain meds at all. The nurses brought me toys, videos, and all kinds of neat stuff to keep me occupied. I even ran around the waiting room in my gown and played while waiting for the doctors. 

Considering how bad it was, the doc did a great job sewing me back up. It's cut about twice as far behind my ear, but you can't see it in the pic. Don't mind the applesauce in my ear either! The glue will last a few weeks and the stitches a few months, but it will be quite the story to tell!
I did stay home all week, and this weekend Nannie came to see me. I played tons of ball, rode around in my tricycle and hung out with all my stuffed animal friends. Mickey, Elmo and Monkey are the best!!
My cousins came by to visit, and we had a blast in the backyard. We'll have to get together and play more often! 
This morning it was raining, and I wanted to go play outside. Mommy put on my boots and out we went. I loved playing in the water and the mud!!
It was an awesome weekend, and I'm looking forward to my trip to San Antonio in a few days =)
I was pretty tough and didn't need any pain meds at all. The nurses brought me toys, videos, and all kinds of neat stuff to keep me occupied. I even ran around the waiting room in my gown and played while waiting for the doctors. 

Considering how bad it was, the doc did a great job sewing me back up. It's cut about twice as far behind my ear, but you can't see it in the pic. Don't mind the applesauce in my ear either! The glue will last a few weeks and the stitches a few months, but it will be quite the story to tell!
2 comments:
Hey tough guy! We are so glad to see that you are up and running :) We love and miss you... Uncle Clint, Aunt Lori, Ryan, Dylan, Wilson, and Peyton
I am so happy that I had the chance to keep you home on Friday. I love having our special times playing together and going shopping at the Disney store! So glad your accident didn't spoil your wonderful smile or those awesome dimples! Don't forget to wink! I love you forever.
Hugs & kisses,
Nannie
Post a Comment