Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wet & Wild

The temperature outside has been scorching, and the best way to beat the heat is to play in the water! Today Mommy and I went with her friend Wendie to the "beach" in her neighborhood. We started off playing in the spray park. I loved running through the obstacles and splashing through everything. My favorite part was the huge turtle slide. I went down by myself over and over again! We swam in the big pool, played football, jumped off the ledge, and splashed in the waterfalls for almost two hours, and I worked up quite an appetite. I've recently discovered ham sandwiches...the bigger the better!!! After lunch, I spent another hour playing in the sand. I knocked mounds of sand over, dug for rocks, and I ran back into the water often to rinse off. What an awesome day! This weekend I spent plenty of time in my bathing suit, too. We made a trip down to the neighborhood pool, and I was swimming around like a fish! I jumped in to Daddy lots of times and floated all around. I also helped Daddy wash the cars. We made tons of bubbles and scrubbed with a big sponge. Working the water hose was pretty awesome, too. After a while, I promoted myself to the supervisor role. I kicked back in my new chair and made sure he didn't miss any spots! When I'm not playing in the water, I can usually be found on the back of Daddy's bike. Our main mission every night is to find as many big dogs and rabbits as possible. I came home last night and demonstrated to Mommy how all those bunnies hopped away! So many fun summer memories, and a few more weeks to go!

2 comments:

Nana said...

You are having the perfect summer. You can go to the beach and never leave Dallas. Awesome! We love you. Pawpaw & Nana

Kathy said...

What FUN you are having this summer. You have the best mommy and daddy because they take you on so many wonderful adventures. And Nannie is so proud of you for learning to love the water.....she loves it too!!!

Loving you more,
Nannie