Sunday, December 19, 2010

Let Christmas Begin

Christmas is the best time of year for so many reasons! I get to see my family, Mommy doesn't go to work, and I get lots of presents. Mommy and Daddy decided to celebrate Christmas today for just the three of us. We started the morning with a big home cooked breakfast. I helped Mommy crack the eggs, heat up the bacon and flip the Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes. It was awesome! Then I played around the tree with my nativity scene and put them all in a big circle. I also made sure that my very first handmade ornament was hung in the perfect place on the tree. It is one awesome looking candy cane, and Daddy said it was his favorite ornament of all time. Then we went off to church where I kept asking for them to sing Twinkle Twinkle, but they decided to sing some songs about Jesus instead. We went out for a fancy lunch since we were all dressed up, and then after naptime it was time for presents. I got some awesome big boy underwear...Lightning McQueen! I've been doing better about going to the potty, so I was excited to get some new undies. I also got a collection of Dr. Seuss stories, some puzzles, and a remote controlled car! I love making it spin around in circles. Nannie left me a surprise too, a Buzz Lightyear computer. Now I can lounge around and type like Mommy and Daddy. I even helped Rocco open his present and get his new collar on. What a wonderful day with my family! All week I have enjoyed checking the mail. I've gotten several surprise packages, and lots and lots of Christmas cards. It is so much fun to open them all. I even got a video email from Santa Claus! He had my picture on his good list, and he knew everything I wanted for Christmas. It was soooooo cool. I can't wait for him to come and visit me. I've also been helping Mommy bake in the kitchen. We made chocolate chip cookies, gingerbread, and best of all gingerbread men. I love helping out in the kitchen, and the goodies at the end are so tasty! A few more days at home and school before I get to go see everyone. What a very Merry Christmas it will be!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day! Wish I could have shared those Mickey pancakes with you but I know we will get to eat some Christmas treats together very soon. Hoping you and your mom and dad have an awesome week off and get to enjoy this holiday season.

Can't wait to see you! Love you bunches.

HO, HO, HO,
Nannie