Monday, December 27, 2010

A Week of Christmas!

The past week was one of the best ever! I got to celebrate Christmas more times than you can imagine, and boy did I rack up on presents. On Wednesday, we headed down to Nederland to see the extended family. We left very early, and I woke up half-way there at a McDonald's where Monkey and I shared an awesome breakfast. When we arrived at Nana's house, all my cousins were there and we were ready to tear into those presents. We got some awesome gifts, including our matching Red Bluff Ranch shirts and iPods.My cousins and I had a blast playing together throughout the week. We played with sparklers out on the driveway, and I got to write my name with one. Peyton and I found a big box to play in, and earlier that day we all went golfing. Wilson and I had a blast doing just about everything together. He taught me how to ride on his skateboard, we played Hungry Hungry Hippos, and then he rode with me to go see Christmas lights. Everyone else met us out there, and it was so cool. There were so many lights to see that we had to get out and go into the backyard. Too fun! I love hanging out with my cousins. On Christmas Eve I went to church with my parents and Nannie before heading over to Mama and PaPa Collins' house. There was yummy food and lots of gifts. I enjoyed seeing my aunts, and I had a blast playing with my cousin Tatum. I love my new Mickey Mouse and matching pjs too!Earlier in the week I stopped by to visit, and I took a nap in PaPa's chair and helped him pick some oranges. We had a wonderful time together.Later Christmas Eve night, we went by my Aunt Mary Sue's to see everyone and exchange gifts with Poppy. I loved playing with my new trains. I settled in for the night at Uncle Daniel's, and when I woke up Santa had been by for a visit. I got my big kitchen (and a little car, too)!!! It took a minute for me to realize that it was mine and I would get to take it home, and then I was so excited! I even called Santa to tell him thank you. He also brought me a football helmet, a lantern & binoculars, and a stocking full of books, cars, underwear and socks. I cooked for everyone all morning, and I even sang and played some Christmas songs on the piano. I read my new books to Mommy and all the Christmas bears when I needed a break from all the toys. If that weren't enough celebrating, we drove out to Nannie's on Christmas night for MORE presents! I was so excited to get my Thomas train tracks and a Lightning McQueen tent. They were hours of fun, and I liked making everyone take turns hanging out in the tent with me. In fact, when we finally made it back to Frisco, I put all my animal friends in the tent and baked them cookies in my new kitchen. To make a great holiday even better, I get to stay home with Mommy for another whole week! Seven awesome days to play with my new toys. In fact, I was already enjoying my new computer and books before our trip. My stuffed animals always make a great audience! Before we left for the holidays, I was working very hard on my potty training. I got enough stickers to get my first prize from the treasure box....a yo-yo! I was so proud of myself, and my parents were proud too.


This was definitely the best Christmas ever. I am so glad I was able to spend time with everyone, and thank you all for the wonderful gifts. I'm looking forward to an awesome New Year!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

We were so happy to get to spend time with you too! You must have been a wonderful boy this past year to have gotten so many awesome presents. Christmas is 100 times better now that we have you to share it with. Loving you always...

Nannie