Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Buddy, Bowling and the Big Guy

In my earlier blog, I forgot to mention that we recently adopted an Elf on the Shelf.  Each night after I fall asleep, he flies back to the North Pole to report to Santa.  He's not allowed to talk to me, and he can't move when we can see him.  I was a bit skeptical at first, and I asked Mommy lots of questions.  I turned into a believer when "Buddy" escaped from his box and flew into my stocking while I was in the bath tub.  Mommy and Daddy were both in room with me, so we have no idea how he did it.   I stood there for quite some time saying "Amazing!  He got out of the box and flew across the room. That is incredible!"  I spent the rest of the night studying the situation and eventually decided to just go with it.  Each morning he arrives in a new location and I get to go on the hunt for him.  This morning I caught him in the act of making some hot chocolate, and I thought that was hysterical.  I'm going to miss him after Christmas!


Today Mommy and Daddy were both off of work, so we had a lazy morning around the house and a very busy afternoon.  After running a few errands, we decided to go to Splitsville- the bowling alley.  I've only bowled on the Wii before, so I was so excited to do it in real life.  I strapped on my shoes, picked out my ball and gave my parents a run for their money.  We had the best time playing around, snacking on fries and cheering for each other after every frame.  I can't wait to go back!



After a little bit of protest earlier in the day, I finally decided it would be a good idea to visit with Santa in person.  I told him I wanted a Jeep for Christmas, and he said "I don't normally make promises, but I'll bring you a Jeep on Christmas morning."  I love getting the VIP treatment, and I only have a few more days to wait!!


I ended my day by going shopping with Daddy for a present for Mommy.  I looked at lots of things and finally decided on the most awesome present ever......a drum set!  I just love getting to shop for my parents, and I even let them play with their gifts every once in a while.
 

Mommy told me I am spoiled, but I don't think so.  I'm just one lucky dude who lives life to the fullest!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You are AWESOME!!! I love you with all my heart.