After weeks of rained out practice and a postponed first game of the season, it was finally time for a real T-ball game! I was so excited to sit in the dug-out. Everyone thought I looked very professional in all my gear.
I was the third batter up in the game, and I got a great hit. I hit it all three times and made it to first safely. I loved running the bases and having Dad wave me home at third base.
When we took the field, I played first base. Our pitcher stopped the ball and threw it to me several times. I stopped the ball and tagged the bag. Even though they don't count outs in T-ball, I had several!
I definitely had the loudest, craziest fans in the stand! They cheered for everyone on the team, but they were the loudest for me. Brenley was there in her baseball gear, and Mommy and Nannie had on their special shirts. Aunt Liz and Uncle John even wore shirts with my last name and jersey number on the back. It was great, and I can't wait until my next game!
In other "firsts", I got my first big fat busted lip. I was swinging on the couches, slipped and face planted on the rug. There was blood everywhere, but I felt better after a little bit of ice. Also, after weeks of intense practice, I have finally mastered swinging by myself. It is awesome not having to wait for someone to push me!
Of course in the rest of our spare time, we all play with Brenley. She is pretty awesome and is starting to interact more. I love talking to her, and she is finally starting to make all kinds of crazy sounds back! Sometimes you can even get her to giggle!
She still sleeps most of the time, but it's fun that she is awake more. Mommy said she even slept seven hours a few nights ago. Later this week she is going to a conference with Mommy and Nannie, and I get a weekend with Dad all to myself. Oh, the adventures we will both have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment