Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Down to the River!

Nannie and Papa Vaughn rented a house on the Guadalupe River and invited us down for a visit.  We got up early and hit the road on Saturday.  We took our first pit stop at Whataburger in Waco for an early lunch.
South of Austin we took a pit stop at Cabela's so Dad could get a fishing license.  We looked at all of the awesome animals and supplies.  Mom and I played an awesome deer hunting game, and we grabbed a snack at the upstairs restaurant.  I could have spent hours in that place!
I was so excited to get to the river that I stayed awake for the whole car ride.....until we got about five minutes away.
I absolutely loved every single thing about the river.  Nannie took me kayaking for the very first time, and it was totally awesome.  I made Mommy and Daddy take me again and again during our stay.  
We played around in the water a lot too.  I walked around in my water shoes, floated around and looked for animals.  Brenley even got in for a little while....at least until I spotted a snake!  I stayed safe in my inner tube until my parents got me out of the water!



Dad took me all over the river and the other side of the little dam to fish.  We didn't really catch anything, but I had fun just being out in the river and spending time with Dad.  I was NOT very happy when a fish stole my practice red gooey fish off the end of my line though.




When we needed a break from swimming and fishing, we sat on the rock patio right on the water.  There was lots of fun conversation going on down there!  We were on the lookout for all sorts of animals.  We spotted snakes, albino deer, ducks and ducklings, and even a hawk.  I'm trying to forget seeing that hawk pluck a duckling from the river though!




We had lots of fun and games up on the top porch as well.  We rocked, played ladder golf and set up a slip and slide.  Dad and I caught snails and a few other bugs, too. In the evenings I caught fireflies and even put some in a jar!
We had a lot of fun inside the cabin too.  Brenley loved playing on her mat, and she practiced sitting up by herself.  Our friend Caroline came to hang out and play one day, too.

















After all that adventure and exploring, we were totally worn out every night.  The cabin was a great place to catch an afternoon nap or cuddle with my whole family!  Four people in a queen bed?  No problem!
After an awesome four days, we enjoyed a nice long nap on the ride home.  I can't wait to go back to the river!!!










No comments: