All week I have been home playing with mommy. We've run a few errands, but nothing too out of the ordinary. Wednesday I went to swimming lessons, and after mommy pulled me in the water.... SHE LET GO! I kicked my feet and drafted behind her for about 4 seconds. Everyone was very excited, and I did it several times. It often looks like I'm going to tip over, so next week Mr. Mike is going to help me flip onto my back. If we're lucky, maybe daddy can come and take pictures. On Friday I got a new lightweight stroller. I loved playing with the wheels and the box :) (Yes, I'm covered in water. I insisted on drinking from mommy's cup!)
Today was my first 4th of July, and it was HOT! I put on my All-American Cutie outfit and was ready to play.
Aunt Jenny, Uncle Troy and the girls came over this evening to celebrate. Mommy made a brisket and lots of sides, and I thought it was very tasty. I love eating grown-up food! To beat the heat, Kaly, Hannah and I played out back in the crazy sprinklers. I was not afraid of getting sprayed in the face, and I crawled right up and attacked it!
After all that fun, I had a bath and then we played on the floor for a while. Here's me and Kaly, and a picture of Campbell in her pretty dress. 
I don't know if I'll be able stay up long enough to see real fireworks, but I did watch them on TV. Overall, it was a really fun day.
In other news, I am clearly saying "Momma, all done, yeah, & bye bye". I walk everywhere now, and at home I only crawl so I can get to something to pull up on. Also, on Monday construction on our patio cover starts. I can't wait to be able to go outside any time I want. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a wonderful 4th of July. Nannie and Papa Vaughn are coming to see you on Friday so get ready to play!
Love and miss you,
Nannie
Post a Comment