Sunday, March 7, 2010

To the Capitol!

On the road again! The Lady Wolverines basketball team made it to the state championship game, and my crazy parents decided it would be fun to drive to Austin for the day to watch the game. After sleeping in, we loaded up and hit the road. I was excited to see some basketball. After a long trip and a yummy lunch at the Cracker Barrel, we finally made it. I had my basketball and was ready for the game. Daddy and I even played a little basketball ourselves in the cupholder! At halftime I walked all the way around the arena, and I got to meet several of Mommy's coworkers and students.Eventhough the girls came in second, I still had a blast. It was nice to see the Erwin Center for the first time. I'm determined to see every stadium and arena I can!! Mommy and Daddy decided we should walk up to the Capitol building since it wasn't too far away. I thought it was pretty neat and loved watching all the squirrels run around. After meeting up with Jenny for dinner, it was time to drive all the way back home. Jammies?-check. Mickey?- check. Monkey?-check. Elmo?-check. Snoozing the whole way home?-check. Another spontaneous adventure by the Bell family complete!!

2 comments:

Nana said...

Looks like you, Mom, and Dad had a great day. I'm glad you went to the Capitol. Pretty neat, isn't it. Hope you all have a great week. See you in 2 weeks (counting down). Love you. Nana

Kathy said...

Wonderful pictures! I so enjoy getting to share your travels through your blog. Wish we could travel with you more. Until then, know that I love and miss you.

Hugs & kisses,
Nannie