Wednesday, March 17, 2010

To The Zoo!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! What a fun Spring Break I've had so far. Until today, we've spent almost the whole time outside in the backyard listening to music and playing ball. This morning we had breakfast and headed to the Fort Worth Zoo. We knew it would be crowded, so we got there right when it opened so we could see everything. It was so awesome to see all the animals from my books in real life. We saw everything you could think of...even meerkats! I loved everything and wanted to get as close as possible, except for the gorillas. They got right up to the glass in front of me, and I didn't like that one bit! I didn't cry, but I wanted out of there. I even got to pet a sting ray and starfish! It was awesome! I talked mommy into buying me a souvenier t-shirt and this awesome Ernie hat. My absolute favorite thing was the lion exhibit. I waved, talked, and ROARed to them. Mommy kept asking if I wanted to leave, and I said "No! More lion!." After a full morning, we headed back toward home. We stopped in Grapevine at the Rainforest Cafe, but the wait was WAY too long. We grabbed a quick bite instead and had some fun on the carousel. I love those horses!Other than the zoo, I've just been enjoying my Spring Break getting into mischief at home. Only a few more months until summer when I get to do this all the time!
Now it's full steam ahead to a fun weekend celebrating Campbell's birthday with all my cousins!

No comments: