Saturday, June 19, 2010

School's Out for Summer!

School is finally out for summer, and I get to hang out with Mommy all day! I've been keeping her very busy doing crafts, coloring, playing with stickers and of course sports. I came across a book of stickers the other day and decided to put every single one on my shirt at the same time. It was awesome! I'm still going to soccer on Saturdays, and I am really getting into it. Today I did all the drills and followed all the directions just like I was supposed to. I'm loving that the World Cup is on, and I thought it was hysterical when Mommy was yelling at the TV yesterday. I don't know what a ridiculous ref is, but she was all worked up about it during the USA game! Lately I've started using my words in complete sentences. I have to be very patient with my parents, but they eventually understand me. It is great to be able to say exactly what I want, but I still don't always get my way. I sometimes have to remind them that "I said please!!!!" I've been really excited about being Mommy's big helper around the house. I help clean up my toys, sweep the kitchen, and even put away my own dishes and laundry. Sometimes I get distracted by the basket though because it is too fun! My most recent obsession (other than grilling in my new house) is my baseball glove. I wear it almost everywhere all the time, and I make Mommy and Daddy wear theirs too. Sometimes I wear it on the wrong hand, but that's ok. You just can't practice baseball too much! I'm ready to play ball with anyone, and I'm looking forward to many fun weeks of summer ahead!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You look so grown up with your baseball cap on and your glove ready! Your great grandpa played 3rd base and your uncle Daniel played left field because they both had arms that could reach 1st base in a flash! I have a feeling you will carry on the family tradition....

We miss you bunches and will see you sooner than you think!!! (HMMMMM?????)

Love,
Nannie