Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fishing on Father's Day!

Daddy has been planning a fishing outing on Father's Day for a few weeks now. In preparation, he bought me my very first fishing pole. He taught me how to cast and reel in a pretend "red gooey fish" in the backyard so I would be ready for the big day. This Father's Day morning after breakfast and presents, we went down to park for some fun. Daddy caught a fish his very first cast, and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. He helped me get my bait into the water, and then it happened. I caught my very first fish!!! I liked reeling him in. I kept saying "This is so much fun!" I ended up catching two fish overall, and it made me and Daddy both very proud. One of my other favorite things was feeding the ducks and turtles. Those turtles were everywhere! I enjoyed watching the big birds fly around, and of course I kept my eye out for any other interesting creatures. I am so lucky to have the best daddy in the whole wide world, and I know we will have many more fun adventures together! I love you, Daddy!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

What a wonderful, wonderful day you are having with your awesome dad. You are already an accomplished fisherman!!!

I love you, miss you and can't wait to see you again.

Hugs & kisses,
Nannie

Nana said...

We all love your fish pictures. Looks like you had a great time. We love you. Nana, Ryan, Dylan, & Wilson