Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Vacation!

The time finally arrived for summer vacation! Mommy, Daddy and I loaded up and headed down to San Antonio for one of the best weeks ever. Our first stop on the trip was for lunch at the Cracker Barrel. We decided to order breakfast instead, and my week of non-stop pancakes began. I LOVE pancakes! We finally reached the Hyatt Hill Country Resort in San Antonio, and I thought I was in heaven. I spent the whole week doing all sorts of fun things. Right outside our window was a playground, tetherball and volleyball court. Anytime we were in our room, I would stand at the window and ask to go down and play. Volleyball with Mommy, tetherball and soccer with Daddy, and lots of time "monkeying" around the play area kept me happy.We spent a lot of time floating around the lazy river and swimming in the pools. I made several new friends and we splashed around together. When I wasn't in the water, I was on the beach digging in the sand. There was always something to do! Several times I went out to the driving range and putting green. The man in the pro shop eventually just expected me to show up every day, and everyone in the resort loved that I demanded to carry my own bag of clubs. We did lots of walking around on the nature trails, hung out in a hammock and one morning I even checked out a bike. I didn't make it too far, but it was fun while it lasted. Each night we made a trip out to the firepit for smores....yummy! I loved roasting the marshmallows on gigantic sticks and of course getting to eat them. There were different activities going on every day. Our first night there we got to watch an exotic animal show on the lawn. Another day Daddy and I made our own ice cream! One night I got to stay up late and watch a movie outside on the lawn. There was free popcorn, so that made it even better! On top of everything else, the food was fabulous and the service was even better. They absoultely loved me there, and I was always the center of attention. It was no suprise to Mommy that I got VERY upset when she told me we had to go home. I was not ready to leave!! Other than playing at the resort, we took a trip to Sea World. That place rocked! It was definitely hot, but I was too busy to let it bother me. The first thing I did was feed the sea lions. We gave them fish and squids, and they came up to us barking and waiting for more. I would throw them and they would catch them in their mouth! It was my favorite part of the whole day. We watched lots of shows including the sea lions, dolphins, and of course Shamu. The divers in the dolphin show were so awesome that I was laughing out loud, and it was really cool to see the whales jump through the air. The new baby Shamu was so cute! There is a new Sesame Street area of Sea World, and I got to MEET ELMO! He hugged me and took a picture with me. It was so awesome. At the Sesame Street show, I ran up to the stage and talked to the characters while they danced. One of the performers even gave me high five! I never wanted to play in the splash park because I wanted to ride rides. They wouldn't let me ride alone because I'm not tall enough, but they let me drag my parents on a few of them. Just a few more years, and I'll be riding everything! I also enjoyed seeing lots of animals, especially the sharks. After such a busy day, I was sacked out as soon as I sat down in the car. What an awesome week with Mommy and Daddy! Summer rules!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I don't even know what to say; your week was AWESOME and you and your parents are the coolest people on earth. So much fun packed into a few days ~ I only wish I could have shared every minute with you.

You make me smile every time I see your happy face! Hugs and kisses.

Love you forever,
Nannie