Sunday, May 24, 2009

First Trip to the Ranch

I had a VERY exciting weekend because I took my first trip to the ranch to visit Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle John. I had a BLAST. I love nature and being outside, and I took the best naps ever rocking out on the porch. I woke up the first morning at 5AM ready to go! I heard turkeys right outside the trailer and coyotes out roaming the land! Over the weekend I saw quail, rabbits, birds, cows and so much more. Here's a few pictures we took on the bluff overlooking the river. While roaming the property, I found a beautiful flower. I carried it all around and even admired it in my chair on the porch :) I rode in the mule out to the deer feeder to check out a hog Uncle John had killed. It was awesome. We also rode up and down some big hills and through a big pool of water. I wasn't scared at all. In fact, I thought it was pretty great. In the midst of all my adventures, I made sure there was still time to relax, though. Swinging in this hammock is the life!
I also found time to get into to plenty of trouble. Daddy said I wasn't allowed to play in the kitchen. I tried to anyway! On Sunday we went down to the bottom of the bluff to see the Pease River. I loved sticking my feet in the water and playing in the sand. What? We have to go back? Then it's my turn to drive!! We had several storms blow in unexpectedly, so we had to leave earlier than planned. The road up to the trailer was washed out, and we did not want to get stuck. We drove into nearby Quitaque to eat at the Sportsman Cafe. It was there that I was given my first taste of mashed potatoes.....YUMMY! (Over the course of the weekend mommy also let me try a bit of rib and some watermelon. I'm not so sure about those yet.)After lunch, we went to Caprock Canyon State Park. There is a herd of buffalo there, but we couldn't see them. I had fun stretching my legs anyway! Here I am in a buffalo hat :) Thanks Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle John for inviting us, and I can't wait to go back. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You certainly are a wonderful adventurer! You have seen a lot of fun and exciting things in your short life.

I hope to see you soon.

I love and miss you,
Nannie