Saturday, August 29, 2009

I'm a Big Kid Now!

Things have been absolutely crazy at my house with the start of school, so my blog is a bit behind. My first two weeks of school were ok. Mommy and Daddy weren't very happy with my school the first week because I had lots of bumps and bruises and not much love. I got bitten, busted my lip and my nose! After a BIG meeting, things got MUCH better. I had a really great time during week two! No one in our house got much sleep this past week though. I am getting some more teeth, and I cried ALL night. I seem to be on the upswing now though.
Mommy has been running around like crazy since her students started back, so our nights have been full of playtime rather than blogging. We've gotten into a good routine though. Every evening when Mommy and I get home, we play, play, play! Then when Daddy gets home we all sit down together and eat dinner. Next is my FAVORITE time of all.....outside time! After that, I usually run straight to the bathtub to play in the water. Then it's time for a story, bottle, a tooth brushing and bed. We have so much fun!! Recently I discovered the outside broom, and I had an awesome time playing with it. I tried to imitate my parents by sweeping, but that broom was just too big. Instead I just carried it around and twirled it around in the air. I was NOT happy that I couldn't carry it inside. A few days later, Daddy came home with a surprise....a broom just my size!!! I'll help by sweeping in the kitchen occasionally, but I mostly like to knock things over with it. I also like to carry around all the video game equipment. One of these days they'll let me play! Today I got to do all kinds of things a big boy gets to do. Mommy keeps reminding me I'm still a baby though. Whatever! We left this morning to go run errands, and to my surprise the car seat was facing forward! I thought that was crazy! After a tasty lunch, we went to Toys R Us. When I got out and saw the store, I started clapping and smiling. I love that place! Turns out inside they have a salon just for kids. We went in, and I got my very first haircut!! I sat in Daddy's lap and was a very good boy. To keep me entertained, I got to watch the movie Cars, and one of the workers blew bubbles at me. I loved getting to pop them. Afterwards we got to go shopping for toys! Don't I look so handsome? My Daddy bought me a baseball bat and tee for the backyard, and I already love it. What a great day!!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Your haircut looks wonderful! I know you will be knocking home runs over the fence in no time with your new bat and ball. Don't grow up too soon! I love and miss you.

Hugs & kisses,
Nannie

Anonymous said...

Carter Bug,
Please don't grow up so fast. I wish I had gotten to see you this weekend, but my new classroom is keeping me super busy. When things slow down, maybe mommy and you can meet me somewhere for a day of fun. I love you bunches and miss you. You look so adorable with your new haircut.

XOXO,
Auntie Jen

Sarah Ruth said...

Wow Carter! You are so grown up! JP starts his new school on Tuesday this week. I am so nervous! Meredith - sounds like you are nonstop on the go! We missed you at Amy's shower. :)