Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Weekend with Dad

Daddy and I got to spend the whole weekend together without Mom! He took off work on Friday and let me skip school to play with him. We walked around the neighborhood, played soccer, climbed trees, and had a great time playing around at home. We even went to see Kaly's basketball game where she scored two baskets! Mommy was gone to her AcDec competition, so I didn't see her for almost three days. When she got back home, she treated me to some ice cream AND a 2nd place medal! Daddy and I had fun, but we sure miss her when she's gone. I went back to school yesterday, but this morning school was cancelled because of ice. There are lots of snow flurries, but not enough to make a snowman. It's 15 degrees outside and everything is frozen solid, but I don't see why a wind chill of zero is such a big deal. All you have to do is bundle up like me before you head out. I insisted on going out to check on my house and grill that were both frozen over. Even the basket on the back of my tricycle had turned into a giant ice cube! Daddy wouldn't let me stay out there very long, but everything seems to be in good condition. We have all really enjoyed the extra day at home, and it will be interesting to see what tomorrow morning holds. In the meantime, I LOVE SNOW DAYS!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You have such a great dad. I know you had so much fun climbing trees, playing soccer and just having a guys weekend. Your mom is pretty cool too since she gives you ice cream and lets you play out in the ice!

Love and miss you more than you know.

See you soon ~ Nannie