For Memorial Day weekend, we drove down to Nederland for Brenley's baptism. We got all dressed up, and Brenley put on the party dress that I picked out for her. She looked so beautiful.
We went to St. Charles where Father Dan Malain performed the ceremony. It was pretty cool to have the baptism done at the same place and by the same person that married mom and dad. Uncle Clint did his duty as the godfather, and mommy's friend Jenny Pomeroy took on her role as the godmother. Brenley was really well behaved, but everyone laughed when she spit her pacifier into the baptismal fountain. I guess now she has a holy pacifier!
So many people came to watch and support her, and it was great having so much family around.
After the baptism, we went over to Uncle Clint's for the party. We had an awesome brisket dinner and a delicious cake for dessert. Brenley was pretty much the center of attention, but I had so much fun running around with my cousins!
The rest of the weekend we just played around with everyone we visited. Our visits to Nederland are always jam packed with fun!!!
I even made sure to get some pitching practice in with the boys, Uncle Clint and Uncle Troy.
We also had a big celebration for Hannah's birthday. We got to take a swing at a big pinata and got tons of candy!!!
Nothing beats a long weekend full of play time with my cousins!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment