Monday, March 2, 2009

A Week's Worth of Adventure!

My life just never seems to slow down. It was an exciting weekend as daddy and I went with mommy down to San Antonio to watch her Academic Decathalon compete for the state title.

On Thursday, we drove into town and walked down the Riverwalk. It was HOT!

We went to the Rainforest Cafe, and I LOVED looking in the aquariums. The thunderstorms and dancing animals didn't phase me either.
After lunch, we walked over to see the Alamo and then cruised around the mall. I was having a blast!

After all that traveling and sightseeing, I was worn out.

Friday night, the team had to compete, so mommy was out late. Daddy and I went to meet his friend Tracy and her husband, Vince, for dinner. It was fun meeting them.

Saturday was the big day. Daddy and I went to watch the SuperQuiz event at San Antonio College. Mommy's team did ok. We were just there to root Wakeland on! I watched some, but daddy played with me out in the hall part of the time because I wanted to cheer when things were supposed to be quiet.
I had an early dinner of green beans and cereal at the Embassy Suites, and I still wanted to cheer. I am all about making crazy noises right now.
Later that night, we went the Tower of the Americas. The restaurant was at the top of the tower, and it rotated!!! It was very fancy, and mommy's students LOVED having me around all weekend :)

On Sunday, we went to the awards luncheon where mommy's team won 5th place in state. Then, we made the long trip home through ridiculous amounts of traffic, and I was a perfect angel in the car. My reward? My first tooth brushing. I was NOT a fan, but I have to get used to it!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Carter ~ I love the fact that you are such a great traveler. I can't wait until you can take trips with Nannie. We are going to have some great adventures!!! I love and miss you.

Hugs & kisses,
Nannie