Sunday, October 10, 2010

PUMPKINS!!!!!

Other than going to the volleyball and football game on Friday, it was a pretty uneventful week. It still feels like fall, so we've been spending a lot of time outside playing and having picnics. Today we loaded up and drove down to the Dallas Arboretum because I have been asking to see some pumpkins. Boy did they have some! They were all different shapes, sizes, and colors, and I was in pumpkin heaven. I wanted to take them all home! I loved climbing up the hay bales and walking through the pumpkin houses. Everywhere you looked, there were seas of pumpkins! In another part of the park, there were tons of fountains and beautiful views of White Rock Lake. I ran free through the open areas and splashed in all the water. The flowers were very pretty too. The last part of the arboretum was a frontier village. I got to go in lots of different minature praire houses, a teepee, and even a covered wagon. I thought it was a train and was sad that is wasn't working. What a fun day we had! To top it off, we stopped by the new 7-11 so I could see the giant slurpee up close and personal. I've been admiring it for a few days, so getting to go up to it was awesome! This week I'll be counting down the days until I get to see my first Aggie football game at Kyle Field. Whoop!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Looks pumpkinlicious! Your adventures are so exciting and I love that your mom and dad go with you to have FUN! They are great parents.

Only a few more days until we get to see those Aggies play football...GIG 'EM!

Love you bunches,
Nannie