Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hanging With the Animals!

So today was one of the best days ever!!!!! I woke up, ate a waffle and watched some Handy Manny before getting ready for SoccerTots. That was more than enough to call it a good day, but little did I know there was so much more in store. I had a great time at soccer scoring goals and kicking the ball, but my favorite part was the parachute. Woohoo!Afterward, I fell asleep in the car, and when I woke up, we were at the Dallas Zoo. I love it when that happens! With the State Fair going on, no one was there. It was sunny and cool, there were no crowds or lines, and I got most of those animals all to myself! I got to ride a pony, feed some fish, pet a goat, get eye-to-eye with a giraffe, watch meerkats do tricks for their trainer, and so much more! I know I had a smile on my face all day. I was very busy studying every animal we came across, so I wasn't too interested in taking pictures with them. (Why doesn't my Mommy understand that I'm busy trying to learn some stuff?) I did love all the animal statues around the park though. They weren't quite as intimidating (or interesting) as the real thing! One of the best things that I got to do was race a penguin. He would jump out of the water and then swim really fast beside the glass. I chased him back and forth, over and over again. It was so much fun that I made Mommy and Daddy bring me back a second time. I can't wait to go back! As if that weren't enough, on the way home we stopped for ice cream, and it was fantastic. Family days like this are awesome and I can't wait to have some more!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like you had a fun and exciting day! Oh, how I wish I could have shared it with you. Maybe when Nannie comes up in a couple weeks we can go back to the zoo!

Until then,
I love you forever ~
Nannie

Nana said...

What a wonderful day! Loved your pictures. Pawpaw and I would like to go there with you sometime. We miss you bunches!
We love you.
Pawpaw & Nana